Are you experiencing problems with the display, mouse, keyboard, or other devices after updating your Windows 11? Or are the issues happening after reinstalling the update? If so, it’s most likely driver issues of your PC. The issue may cause because of missing or outdated device drivers. So, updating the device drivers can be a one-stop solution for it.
Sometimes updating the drivers may not solve the device’s problems, but keeping the drivers updated is also not harmful. In fact, it’s important to keep the drivers updated on all Windows versions to run the device smoothly. However, you can easily keep your PC’s drivers updated using Device Manager, an in-built tool of Windows.
You can also update the device drivers using third-party driver updating software. If you don’t know how to update drivers on Windows, keep reading this article to learn how to update drivers on Windows 11.
How Do I Update Drivers in Windows 11?
Updating device drivers is easy if you know the correct method. Hence, we are going to explain two reliable methods of doing it in Windows 11-
Use Device Manager
To manually update a device driver, you must first obtain your specific device’s most recent and accurate driver and then update the driver using Device Manager. It’s a built-in tool of Windows 11 that helps in searching and updating compatible drivers for your device. Here’s how you can do it-
- Press Win + X keys.
- Then select Device Manager from the list to open Device Manager.
- Look for the driver you wish to update
- Expand the category for the device whose driver you want to update.
- Right-click on the device and click on Update driver.
- Now, you will get two options-
- Search automatically for drivers:
By selecting this option, Windows will search for the latest driver for your device and install it.
- Browse my computer for drivers:
- Search automatically for drivers:
Selecting Search automatically for drivers may say The best drivers for your device are already installed if the latest driver is not available in the Microsoft database. And that database is not very up-to-date.
So, choose Browse my computers for drivers if you have technical knowledge.
Use Third-Party Apps (Driver Booster),
If the device manager fails to identify device driver updates, driver-updating software is the best way to keep Windows 11 drivers updated.
- Go to the Driver Booster website and download the free version of the software.
- After downloading, run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to install Driver Booster.
- Once Driver Booster is installed, open it and select the Scan option.
- Now, this tool will scan your computer for outdated drivers.
- Once the scan is complete, Driver Booster will show the list of all outdated drivers.
- Mark the driver you want to update and click on Update Now.
- It will download and install the latest driver for your device.
- After that, restart your PC.
Note: Windows can only update the drivers updated in the database. It means you won’t be able to install a driver update through Windows Update if the manufacturer provided it but Microsoft did not validate it. The user must manually download it or utilize a third-party driver upgrading program in these circumstances.
Tips for updating drivers using Driver Booster
Following these tips and tricks while using the Driver Booster app may save you some trouble-
- You can schedule Driver Booster to scan your PC for outdated drivers regularly.
- You can also choose only to update the drivers marked as critical or recommended.
- It also includes a backup feature allowing you to create a backup of your current drivers before updating them. So, using this option in case something goes wrong during the update process is a safe step.
To learn more, check out this Driver Booster review.
After reading this article, we hope you know how to update drivers in Windows 11. To fix the errors of your device’s display or other input devices that occur after updating Windows, updating the drivers is a possible solution. You may do it using the Device Manager or any authorized driver updating software.